The Asia theater explores the world’s most populous continent — from India to Indonesia (and including Oceania).
We’re looking for volunteers to help direct this theater; if interested, please contact us.
* SUBMIT MATERIAL / VOLUNTEER *
(We’re looking, in particular, for suggestions about the most influential expressions about America from Asia; tell us what should be in our archives, and why, in the “Founders” section of our forums.)
• America’s bombing of Hiroshima/Nagasaki
• “‘The Chinese Dream’: China in Africa”
• Asia Timeline: Which events belong?
NEW TO THE ARCHIVES
• Human Rights Record of the United States in 2012, State Council Information Office of the People’s Republic of China
• U.S. Imperialism is a Paper Tiger, by Mao Tse-Tung (July 14, 1956)
• Our Great Victory in the War to Resist U.S. Aggression and Aid Korea and Our Future Tasks, by Mao Tse-Tung (Sept. 12, 1953)
• People Of The World, Unite And Defeat The U.S. Aggressors And All Their Running Dogs, by Mao Tse-Tung (May 23, 1970)
• Oppose Radical Discrimination By U.S. Imperialism, Mao Tse-Tung (August 8, 1963)
U.S. should bear blame for European refugee, humanitarian crisis
BEIJING (Xinhua) — When millions of people around the world were taken aghast by the pictures of drowned three-year-old Syrian boy Aylan Kurdi lying washed up on a Turkish beach and the massive refugee crisis engulfing Europe, they should see through the fact that the United States is mainly responsible for all the mess.
The main sources of today’s refugees — Syria, Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan — are targets of U.S. intervention, which led to devastation, chaos, deteriorating domestic security and extensive displacements. People in those countries could no longer enjoy even basic human rights. Many of them had no choice but to flee for life, not only to neighboring countries, but to Europe. […]